Urgent Staff Recruitment at QNCC -Apply Now
Qatar National Cement Co is a significant maker of Ordinary Portland Cement, Sulfate Resistant Cement, Hydrated Lime, Calcined lime and Washed Sand in State of Qatar.
The assembling units of organization are arranged at Umm Bab, near rich crude material deposits,82 KM away from the Doha, the western shore of Qatar and Al-Boaadiat for the washed sand.
The cement industry in Qatar was initially planned in 1956. A preliminary survey was conducted in 1963. Qatar National Cement Company was established in 1965. It is the first large non-oil industry in Qatar to be commissioned. It was the initial capital of RM5 million and was one of the few businesses to have private and public ownership. The government of Dubai was one of its first private partners.
The first board of directors was appointed in the inaugural year, with a total of nine members. Two were government officials, one was from the Dubai government, and six were founding members. In 1972, Dubai government officials quit the board.
Qatar National Cement Co. was built up according to the Emiri Decree No.07 in 1965 to deliver Ordinary Portland Cement in adequate amount to satisfy the need of concrete in the State of Qatar.
Initial 100,000 tons line in year 1969
Business generation from the line raised and charged by M/s. Franco Tosi of Itlay dependent on Semi Dry Process with limit of 100,000 tpa began on first May 1969.
Second and third Production Lines in 1974 and 1976
With developing bond request in the State of Qatar, another creation line of 100,000 tpa limit was introduced in 1974 by M/s Tarmac (UK) and by M/s. FLS (UK). Notwithstanding, as bond request was all the while rising a third Kiln of 100,000 tpa limit dependent on same innovation was raised in 1976 by M/s Buhler Miag, Germany making consolidated clinker generation limit of the Plant more than 300,000 tpa delivering both the OPC and SRC Cement.