Urgent Staff Recruitment at Qatar General Electricity – Apply Now
Prior to KAHRAMAA’s Establishment
Mid 1900’s to 1940’s: From the mid 1900’s to the late 1940’s, no data is accessible about the status of the inventory of water and power in Qatar.
Records demonstrate that Qatar’s first Oil Well in Dukhan began generation in 1940 and first oil shipment was traded in 1949. These are markers that huge changeless networks may have been built up around that period requiring supported water and power for endurance and industry.
Mid 1950’s – Late 1960’s
• The inventory of water and power were constrained by the British. They went under two separate divisions, the State Electricity Department and the State Water Department. Qatar was then a British Protectorate.
• First Desalination Plant with a limit of 150,000 supreme gallons for each day was worked in 1953.
• The primary diesel fueled power station was worked in Mushaireb, positioned where the Le Mirage Hotel currently stands.
• The Ras Abu Aboud power station started activity in 1963 utilizing steam turbines.
• Ras Abu Aboud desalination plant started refining water over a similar period.
• Desalinated water was put away in ground stores and water towers at that point trucked by water tankers to shoppers.
• All clients of water and power paid for the administration.